Sunday, August 24, 2003

Pain and Family

Right now I am in an enormous amount of pain. I played in a 5 games soccer tournament this weekend and am not quite in the shape for all of that sprinting I guess. Every single leg muscle, butt muscle, stomach and back muscle that I have feel completely torn. It was quite an effot for me to even get off of my bed over to my desk where I'm writing this. This is definitely going to be a week of relaxing for me. As for our tournament performance, we ended up only winning one of those games but every game was really close and we were ahead towards the end of the game in two of them. In multiple games the other team scored a goal in the first few minutes, the last of which we were playing down 3 players some of which hadn't showed up or we were trying to pick up, and the others were still putting on their shoes but they started the game anyway. All in all it was a fun but painful weekend of soccer, on my muscles at least.

I also had my parents and siblings down visiting as I previously mentioned, and it was fun to have them at the soccer tournament as well. My little sister Brigitte played in the 3 games on Saturday (it's a coed team if I hadn't mentioned it before). I've never played on a team with her before and it was fun. She did a great job and was a solid defender that really helped out in the back. My family left this morning at around 7:00 for their 14 or so hour drive back up to the Seattle area. Pretty crazy drive and I'm sure a pretty tiring one. I'm glad I wasn't making the drive although it may not have hurt me as badly as the soccer game. I also think I'm going to lose a few toenails on my left foot from the game. I had a good collision with someone else's foot during the game while trying to make a cross. It jammed my toes and several toenails have started turning black. Well, that's about all for now folks, I need to get some sleep. Until next time!!