Thursday, August 28, 2003

Child Sports Stars

I just had a long conversation with an ex-coworker and friend of mine, Rys. We've hardly talked since Rys left Pivia last December but have had occasional e-mail correspondence and kept in touch. It was nice to talk and catch up on everything that has been happening in Rys' life. Rys is currently looking for a job and would be an excellent candidate for anyone looking for a serious backend C++ developer. You can find Rys' resume here.

As for me, life is good. I'm still recovering from my soccer tournament last weekend although I'm still pretty sore. Work is going well and I've been getting quite a bit done lately. We're getting ready to put out a new release and it is nice to be able to tidy up some loose ends and really polish the product up. I'm looking forward to the three day weekend although some of my Saturday and all of Sunday will be taken up helping a friend move up to San Francisco. I hate moving and am really happy that I haven't had to move for the past 5 years. However, that means that I've managed to accumulate a ton of junk that I'll have to get rid of when I move next year.

Oh, I was getting my haircut yesterday and they always have TV on there. I saw this amazing little 3 year old named Mark Walker on Live With Regis and Kelly that could shoot baskets on a full sized hoop like it was nothing. He was pretty amazing and Reebok has hired him and is setting aside money for him to go to college in return for using him in some ad campaigns. You should really want the video of him making 18 baskets in a row on an 8 foot hoop. Here is another link, and another to some articles on him as well.

Well, that's about it for now...