Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day 2004

Well, here it is, November 2nd, election day 2004. I went to the gym this morning and then voted in San Mateo at a new polling place. The voting was painless and took me all of about 5 minutes. I spent around 2 hours last night trying to sift through the propositions and people running in this election. Each time I vote I come to realize how sneaky the proposition writers are sometimes. The proposition often sounds great in the beginning and even some of the details are sound, but there is often a sneaky element or two that gets thrown in and makes me change my mind. I spent time reading the overviews of each proposition and then looking at the pros, cons, and rebuttals for the pros and cons on each. Definitely a tough one and I'm not even sure if I really voted for what I wanted in all cases, but I did my best. It was useful checking out smartvoter.org for some of the measures and candidates.

I've been trying to keep up with the news during the day today and have read endless articles about lawsuits, polling problems, the growing influence of blogs such as Daily Kos in policitics, all very interesting stuff. Anyway, not a ton to say other than I hope everything turns out well in this election. I think that I'll be watching the election results on Comedy Central tonight with John Stewart, someone I trust to give me the news or at least part of the news as straight as possible and with much more entertainment value.

No comments: