Friday, December 03, 2004

Going Che


This isn't the best example, but it took me all of one minute so I thought I'd post it and a link to it. I didn't have a high enough face contrast so I needed to use an intermediate shade of gray rather than the standard two tone Che Guevara photos. Here's a site that gives step by step instructions for creating your own in Photoshop. Maybe I'll make a better one at some point.


    The basic gist of it using Photoshop:

    1. Find a good photo with good contrast

    2. Convert it to grayscale

    3. Choose filter -> artistic -> cutout

    4. Use "Number of levels: 2", "Edge Simplicity 5", "Edge Fidelity 3"

    5. Convert back to color

    6. Fill the color regions with your choice of Che red, or add a red layer with blending mode overlay on top, I preferred mine in grayscale

No comments: