Saturday, February 26, 2005

Swan Song

Swan Song

Well, after over 5.5 years with Pivia (Swan Labs for the past 4 months following the acquisition of Pivia in November) I have decided to leave to try something new. My last day at Swan was Friday February 25th. It was a difficult decision for me and I will definitely miss the people at Swan, but for me it was the right time to leave all of that behind and move on to something else.

I haven't looked very hard for jobs yet and I am planning on taking a week or so off before I look around much. I did already receive a good job offer from a pretty exciting company in the mobile phone space that I found through a recruiter which may force that process to speed up a bit. I wasn't really trying to get a job offer that quickly but at the same time it feels good to know that I have a job if I want one. They want me to accept the offer really soon, but I feel like I need to wait a tiny bit (1 to 2 weeks) and talk to a few other places before I settle, just for my own peace of mind. I feel like I owe that to myself at a minimum when choosing the place I'll be spending a large chunk life for possibly quite some time. Hopefully they will understand.

If anyone has an exciting job they think I might be interested in, feel free to send me a message at (obfuscated to avoid spamming) my first initial followed by my last name (no spaces or punctuation between them) at mail dot com.

No comments: